23rd December, 2012
Year in Review: 2012 edition.
Every year I like to try and look back at what I’ve done the previous year, though I don’t know that I always post it. But it’s handy when you’re in the blur of the day to day to realize what you accomplished (and where next to go), I think!
Year in Review:
- Continued teaching illustration at Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Worked with Disney’s Wonderground Gallery to create a piece for their Pixar show
- Had pieces in shows at Land, Gallery 1988, Light Grey Art Lab, and Gallery Nucleus
- Worked with Light Grey Art Lab to host Illustration Bootcamp in June— a whirlwind weekend of illustration fun!
- Continued illustrating for Jamie Magazine as well as other editorial clients like Smithsonian Magazine, Plansponsor, and Rhode Island Monthly, and a few book projects for Storey Publishing.
- Learned a bit about animation by taking a class, as well about laser-cutting/engraving, how neat!
- Finally traveled out of the country to be a part of TCAF in lovely Toronto!
- Created my first zine since college. Want to do more books/etc for sure.
- Created portraits to be displayed in a bar in NYC
- Worked on a line of greeting cards as well as some work for licensed canvas prints (coming soon)
- More notebook designs for Monoblock and Scout Books!
- Created artwork for two charity art projects- Help Ink and Heartwork.
- Started working back into pattern work (need to do more!)
- Tried my hand at storyboarding/design tests for Cartoon Network
- Loosened up and tried a lot of mixed media process
- Sent out a fair chunk of self-promo, though I still need to get back into that
- Designed my second letterpress print— what fun!
- Was a part of CABINFEST with other fantastic lady illustrators in the wilds of Oregon
- Traveled to CT and to the coasts of Oregon for inspiration too
- Tackled Crafty Wonderland for the second year and got engaged!
- Worked on some wedding invite artwork for other clients too.